Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

Wheeler Plans Winning Send off

St Albans Centurions head coach Alan Wheeler hopes to go out on a high when he takes charge for the last time on Saturday. Cents are already sure of a play off place in the National League Three season climax irrrespective of the result in their final league game against Warrington Wizards. Wheeler returns to Australia after the match but has not ruled out future involvement with the Woolams club. "If I came back I wouldnt play for any other club. I was originally just going to play last year but I have enjoyed it so much I stayed for this season. I knew my visa would run out halfway through." Farren Mahoney and Richard Smith will take over the reins for the end of season showdown. Wheeler expects a tough battle against the team that beat leaders Bramley last weekend and expects Cents to face Dewsbury Celtic in the playoffs. "This is a great club to play for and if I got the opportunity I would comeback to St Albans. It is a good bunch of guys here and we have stuck together to get us as far as we have gone."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives
Top blogs